Tuesday, March 6, 2012

True Life: I'm addicted to social media

 Have you ever felt overwhelmed by social media and the need to stay plugged in 24/7? 

Don't worry your not the only one. I'll be the first to admit, I often feel the need to take a "technological" break just so I can stay sane and get through the next cram packed week. Throughout the course of this blog, I will be diving further into our constant need to be plugged in through various forms of social media. Some questions I will possibly touch upon:

How much is to much?
Will we ever truly be able to disconnect?
What are the positive/negative sides when engaging in social media?
Is social media addiction really considered a proven medial condition?

Stay tuned to see what happens when you become addicted to social media.
Have any questions, feel free to post them below and I will do my best to answer them.

2 comments:

  1. It is an addiction to many including my one daughter. She can't even enjoy a day with family or friends and not be some how connected. It's a sad world where people don't know how to talk face to face any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I constantly have tabs opened for each of the social media sites I tend to visit so I can easily go to one to click refresh in the hopes that something new has happened there. This is mostly out of procrastination and having many tabs open at once is the norm for me, but I admit the obsession with social media can be rather ridiculous and I enjoy the times when I ban myself from the internet because it actually allows for some relaxation.

    ReplyDelete